by admin on 25/02/15 at 2:16 pm
Open wide and say “Woof!” February was Pet Dental month so it’s time for a routine dental exam. Read on to learn about some of the products at Care-A-Lot Pet Supply in Virginia Beach and Newport News that can help keep your pet’s oral hygiene (and breath!) fresh.
- Know the signs of oral disease in your dog or cat:
- Really, really bad breath
- Excessive drooling, or food falling from mouth
- Loss of appetite, or weight
- Inflamed, bloody gums
- Cysts underneath the tongue
- Loose or broken teeth
- If your cat or dog shies away or is defensive when touched near the mouth, he or she may have an oral disease.
- Every so often (once a week or month), lift up your pet’s lips and examine their teeth and gums. The teeth should be fairly clean, not brown at all. The gums should be pink, not red or white, and show no signs of swelling.
- Chew toys are a non-invasive method of dental care for canines, and there are plenty of options available. Check out our website or visit one of our stores in Virginia Beach or Newport News to view a variety of other pet dental products (for dogs and cats).
- Pick up a special pet toothbrush and some meat-flavored toothpaste at Care-A-Lot Pet Supply, and get serious about your animal companion’s oral health. Regular brushing can prevent a multitude of oral issues later.
- Look into a veterinary dentist. They’re out there, and they know all the tricks to keep your puppy dog or kitty cat calm while undergoing dental care.
Take care your furry friend’s teeth the way you take care of your own! Visit Care-A-Lot Pet Supply for all your pet’s dental care needs – feline, canine or even reptilian. Stop by today or shop online!